lundi 7 septembre 2009

Lonesome Bones

Seb Mesnard 2009 all rights.

As far as I can remenber I've always loved skeletons. I think it started with the Ray Harryhausen's skeletons scene in Jason and the argonauts, the Disney's "the skeletons dance", and the traditional image of the Death as in "The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" from Terry Gilliam.
But my favorite skeletons and skulls are from JVC Vernon Courtland Johnson with the Ripper logo for Powell Peralta and all his fantastic work for them.

5 commentaires:

C. a dit…

Who doesn't like skeletons? I think Death in Terry Gilliam's Munchhausen was one of my early favourites as well (it also scared me to death). And of course Jack Skellington, but I think these are the best ever: http://bibliodyssey.blogspot.com/2007/05/antikamnia-chemical-company.html
Yours is great too it reminds me of Edward Gorey and a children's book I remember from long ago.

ps. I liked your pieces for Terrible Yellow Eyes, are you sending anything for the exhibition?

Seb Mesnard a dit…

Wouah this link is just awsome! and these skeletons lovely in costumes!! thanks!

ps.I will be there with two illustrations on the show "reading is fun" and "king Max" and will stare at your contributions during the show!!

I'm a huge fan of your work!

Thanks again Chuck.

Premium Finance a dit…

Nice pOst...

Kristin Forbes-Mullane a dit…

how can you NOT love skeletons! love "Lonesome Bones!"

Juz a dit…

I love skeletons too. One of the characters on my blog is a skeleton - he's my friend in real life too.
:)